Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm Trying To Decide... What To Wear?


Regarding our action research topic, I am considering selecting the policy of mandatory school uniforms for students. This is an issue that stirs up mumbles and rumbles at my campus (from students and parents - and even some teachers), and I want to know more about this. I know it's district policy as well, but I want to research the effects (both positive and negative) it has on campus culture and student achievement. Since I work in a Title I school, I have heard arguments for both the pros and cons of mandatory school uniforms, but I'd personally like to put some action research to it, with my specific campus in mind.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea Kevin. I don't know how other people feel about uniforms but I really like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work and the pictures add a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since this is a topic that has already been approached at your school...but appears to fall by the wayside, I believe this is the kind of action research that can be done that is a good example of inquiring about something that directly relates to your situation.

    ReplyDelete