Sunday, August 8, 2010

Action Research Plan - The Revisions


My site supervisor was unable to meet with me this week to review my action research plan. Therefore, I am not able to reach a consensus on a plan in its entirety. However, I have reviewed the first two drafts of my action research plan, and have identified recommended changes, revisions, and additions that need to be made.

Some of the revisions I am making involve the questionnaire portion of my action research plan. I will be developing open-ended surveys that will allow me to determine perceptions about mandatory school uniforms, the understanding of why a dress code exists, the feelings about a mandatory school uniform policy, and the positive and negative impacts this policy has on campus culture.

I am also considering developing an online discussion board or forum where stakeholders can share their thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the development and enforcement of mandatory school uniforms. This online resource will be both user-friendly and confidential, as to encourage honest and open dialogue.

Another revision to my action research plan will involve visiting contrasting campuses where some school uniforms are required, and other campuses where no school uniforms are required. I feel that this will give me a better understanding, and more accurate collection of data regarding this controversial topic. As I have learned in this class, it is important that we research from all angles and viewpoints. This holistic approach to researching specific topics allows for the most accurate accumulation of data, and leads way to the most accurate interpretation of that data.

No comments:

Post a Comment